iSCSI, VMware & PHP
Andy Chung - IBM
April 17, 2007 FASUG EXTENDED Meeting
Session 1 - 4:30 to 5:45 - How To Manage Your Windows Servers Better (Updated iSCSI & VMware technology)
Have you ever had problems managing your Windows Servers? Come hear and SEE a better way to manage your Windows Servers integrated with your System i. The following areas will be discussed:
- Virtual Storage Management*- manage all of your storage requirements together as one versus a managing storage on individual servers.
- Combined Userid Management*.- manage your userids for both OS/400 and Windows from iSeries navigator, create them once and get both ids created, both passwords created and both sets of security permissions setup.
- Hot Spare Servers - a way that one extra Intel hardware resource can provide hardware failover coverage for like Intel hardware integrated with the iSeries.
- Effective Change Management/Test Environment* - how to introduce software updates, bug fixes and service packs into your Windows environment safely and effectively to reduce the chances of outages caused by change.
- Virtual Ethernet Communications - setup high speed server to server (Windows/Windows, Windows/OS/400 etc) network communications over the Virtual Ethernet network running on the iSeries system bus.
- Consolidated Backup and Recovery - consolidate your backups for both OS/400 and your Windows servers into one operation.
Registration - Networking 5:30 to 6:30
Dinner - 6:30 to 7:15
Session 2 - 7:15 to 8:45 - Intro To The Most Popular Web Scripting Language: PHP
PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. We introduced PHP in 2006 for web application development on System i. Customers and solution providers now have an easy to use, industry standard alternative on i5/OS. This session provides an update on the PHP offering including the Zend products for i5/OS, MySQL, open source, and plans for 2007.
- Understand the value of PHP for System i
- Identify the components included in the PHP offering
- Learn enhancements planned for 2007
Our Speaker is Andy Chung, an IBM Field Technical Sales Specialist in New York City.
Andy's focus is on infrastructure simplification with an emphasis on Linux, AIX, and Windows Integration on iSeries.
He is involved in helping customer design and develops Linux solutions on the iSeries and i5 platform.
He also has a background in computer programming and has been developing in PHP for several years.
Register OnLine to Attend this Meeting
Web Site by: Ashway Consulting, LLC