How To Managing Your Windows Servers Better
Kyle Wurgler, IBM
June 17th, 2003 FASUG Meeting
Have you ever had problems managing your Windows Servers?
This presentation will show you a better way to manage your Windows Servers integrated with your iSeries.
The following areas will be discussed:
* These functions will be demonstrated.
- Virtual Storage Management*- manage all of your storage requirements together as one versus a managing storage on individual servers.
- Combined Userid Management*.- manage your userids for both OS/400 and Windows from iSeries navigator, create them once and get both ids created, both passwords created and both sets of security permissions setup.
- Hot Spare Servers* - a way that one extra Intel hardware resource can provide hardware failover coverage for like Intel hardware integrated with the iSeries.
- Effective Change Management/Test Environment* - how to introduce software updates, bug fixes and service packs into your Windows environment safely and effectively to reduce the chances of outages caused by change.
- Virtual Ethernet Communications - setup high speed server to server (Windows/Windows, Windows/OS/400 etc) network communications over the Virtual Ethernet network running on the iSeries system bus.
- Consolidated Backup and Recovery - consolidate your backups for both OS/400 and your Windows servers into one operation.
Kyle Wurgler is an Advisory Software Engineer with IBM.
He has been with IBM 17 years all at the IBM Rochester, MN location.
The last 5 years he has held various positions dealing with the iSeries Windows Integration Product.
He currently has world wide responsibility for Product management and direction.
He also heads up the Advanced Windows Integration Center which provides support for IBMers and Business Partners world wide on the Windows Integration technology.
Web Site by: Ashway Consulting, LLC